Heart Healthy Shrimp Marsala Image Posted on February 2, 2013 by sandersnm Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... Related
Are you going to make this for me?
i will make it for you! it was pretty good 🙂
Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)
1 lb uncooked peeled and deveined colossal shrimp
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
5 oz presliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup marsala wine, or good quality dry white wine (plus more to taste)
1 (8 oz) container vermicelli
1. Rinse shrimp, and pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp on plate, and sprinkle flour over shrimp. Use your hands to coat the shrimp well.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of skillet. When oil is hot, add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for about 1 minute. Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp over.
3. Boil water and cook vermicelli according to directions on box.
4. Add mushrooms and marsala to skillet. Increase heat to high and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened to a consistency almost like melted caramels.
5. Add in finished pasta and enjoy!